Sunfed® is an award winning innovative and rapidly expanding food tech start-up that is leading the pack globally and shaping the future of food. Using their clean and breakthrough technology built with kiwi ingenuity, they are re-imagining the high protein food system to make meat without the animal. Their world-first category-breaking range of Sunfed Meats® taste, feel and cook like animal meat but are healthier for us, and lighter on the planet.
If you like to be challenged, are hungry to make a difference, and have a creative solutions-focused attitude, then let’s talk.
The role of the Financial Accountant is to oversee all financial aspects of the business, and to drive their financial strategy and planning for Sunfed.
• Drive the financial planning by analysing and managing performance and risks.
• Retain constant awareness of financial position and be aware of any issues.
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
• Prepare budget and financial forecasts and report variances.
• Prepare timely and detailed reports on financial performance on a monthly basis to Senior Management. Provide analysis and forecasts to senior management.
• An analytical mind with the ability to be strategic and offer sound advice
• Ensure adherence to all financial and regulatory laws and guidelines.
• Additional ad-hoc duties as requested.
• Combined accounting and finance experience.
• Experience working in a start-up
• In-depth knowledge of accounting principles and best practices.
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month end/year end close process.
• Solid knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting.
• Proficient in the use of XERO
• Ability to be proactive and show initiative
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
• Tertiary degree in accounting, finance or a related field.
This role would see you reporting directly and working closely with the CEO and COO to manage the financial side of the business, while being innovative about the strategy of the business. If you are looking for a career in the corporate sector and ticking boxes, then this not the career for you!
Want to find out more about the company? Click on the below links to view their website and social media:
If you are interested in applying, hit the prompt to “Apply Now”, if you would like to discuss about the role more confidentially, please either email or call Aldrin David on email@example.com or 09 271 1152. Please be aware that applications would be closing on the 31st of January 2019.