HR and Recruitment Advisor
My client, Competenz is a leading industry training organisation, providing learners with the opportunity to undertake apprenticeships, develop their confidence and create long and outstanding careers. Partnering with over 3,500 companies across New Zealand, and providing a wealth of support and development options ensuring the best possible outcomes for their learners.
We are looking for an experienced Recruitment/HR specialist to drive the recruitment initiatives for our apprentice programme. With your experience you will have input into the strategy and reporting and will also be in charge of the hands on delivery and administration of recruitment so you need to be willing to get stuck in. This is a five month fixed term contract offering 25-30 hours per week, worked over 4 or 5 days.
- This varied role will also see you assisting the HR Manger with general HR and operational support so an understanding of basic HR principles and employment legislation is essential
- End to end recruitment of apprentices
- Account management for existing clients
- Soft business development to promote the ATNZ model to existing clients
The Skills & Attributes
- 3-5 years’ recruitment experience (ideally in Graduate/Apprentice recruitment)
- General understanding of HR practices and employment law
- Experience with data analysis and reporting
- Positive can do attitude
- Demonstrated commercial acumen
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible working arrangement
- Bright and modern offices in vibrant Newmarket
- Wellness programme, including flu vaccinations, discounts with Southern Cross and Lumino dentists
- Free annual health checks ups and discounted vision screening
- Free barista coffee available on site
- Extra-long, long weekends – we finish midday on day before long weekends
The Vision and Values
Apprentice Training New Zealand 2010 Trust, known as ATNZ, has been providing quality apprentices and service support to companies since 1999. They are New Zealand’s largest employer of engineering and related trades apprentices. ATNZ works in partnership with host companies, where the apprentices are placed for the on-job component of their apprenticeship training.
Fantastic team of passionate people who play a crucial part in building the skills and capabilities of Kiwis to ensure they reach their full potential. They make a real difference in people’s lives and take pride in working for the good of New Zealand.
“Transforming lives, every learner, every time”
World-class skills for industry
The Cz way: Explore ideas: embrace the new, Team up: unite and share, Make it happen: own the outcome
If you’re interested, we’d love to hear from you! Please send your CV and Cover Letter to Lily.Gee@madison.co.nz