Human Resources Manager
With 170 employees in New Zealand, my client has a focus on exporting food to the Australian market, as well as servicing NZ. Their vision is to be the creators of irresistible comfort foods. They have been acquired by a large Australian based parent company, but still have a focus on keeping the family culture while growing exponentially.
Core components of the role:
• Implementation of policies – working in line with the Australian strategies
• Contract overviews
• Employment Relations / Mediations – currently no union
• Health and Safety
• Learning and Development
• Payroll – externally managed, but overseeing the function
There will be a focus on coaching, and mentoring managers to mediate and manage their staff – value adding. Stakeholder management will also be key in this role – having the ability to manage up to get solutions.
Core characteristic traits:
• Strategic yet operational – you will need to have a hands on, practical style with an ability to be strategic when necessary
• Humanistic and encouraging
• Strong and Persuasive
• No nonsense, and ability to challenge when you feel it is necessary
• FMCG / Food / Operations – you need to be able to understand value and fit in at all levels
• Influencing and communication skills – experience in influencing through the change management process
• Coaching and mentoring line managers
• A Business or HR degree
• Preferably accredited to Life Styles Inventory
4 ‘must-haves’ for this role:
1. Ability to coach people at all levels
2. Ability to influence at senior and junior level (change management)
3. Excellent communication skills
4. A sense of humor (fun)
Why work for this business?
It is a growing business with great products. The business is agile and is making money, as well as being part of a bigger group – the Australian parent company. You will also have the opportunity to learn best practice HR from the Australian based Human Resources Director who has had years of experience in a multitude of industries.
If you have any questions, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively APPLY ONLINE NOW following the prompts!