Business Development Manager - North Island
Our client is an international flooring brand who is looking for a Business Development Manager in their commercial architecture & design and non-trade segment.
The purpose of this role is to develop and generate commercial business in the architecture & design space throughout New Zealand’s north island. A comprehensive understanding of product specification process is a pre-requisite for this role.
The Business Development Manager will aim to generate specifications in the A&D segment through promotion of the flooring products to existing and new client bases. The successful candidate will work closely with the sales team to ensure continual growth and development of the New Zealand north island portfolio.
What will I be doing in this role?
- Develop and maintain broader A&D market knowledge through competitor analysis.
- Prepare presentations and sales displays, and effectively using provided tools
- Develop quotes and proposals.
- Establish, maintain and continuously improve territory plans within A&D segment.
- Build & maintain fruitful relationships with existing A&D clients.
- Ensure that all customers have up to date samples and marketing collateral in their possession.
- Ensure that team New Zealand sales budgets are achieved /exceeded.
- Ensure that on-going sales pipeline volumes are sufficient across the A&D segment to support the New Zealand sales budget.
- Travel and work through Auckland, Wellington, Bay of Plenty and the Waikato region.
What do I need for this role?
- Tertiary qualification
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in and understanding of commercial sales and specification sales.
- Prior experience in and knowledge of Architecture & Design segment, with a pre-existing network.
- Experience working in a structured sales environment, using BCI and a CRM platform.
- Excellent written, aural and oral English communication skills
- Ability to negotiate, build rapport and work effectively with clients
- Working knowledge of computer packages, including; Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work autonomously whilst performing within a team environment
- A current valid driver’s license and flexibility to travel throughout the north island.
If you have the relevant experience and the eligibility to work in New Zealand for the next 2-3 years, then apply online today or send your up to date resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org