Kaiako - Bachelor of Bicultural Social Work
Our client is one of New Zealand’s largest tertiary providers. Operating from over 80 locations throughout the country they aim to overcome barriers to learning and to meet the needs of all within the communities they serve. Our client has been in the NZ tertiary sector for 30 years and hosts a comprehensive range of certificate to degree level qualifications and over 50,000 graduates.
The role of the Kaiako (teacher) is to facilitate the Social Work programme on campus from certificate to bachelor level. Liasing with internal staff, your students and their whanau, the community and iwi this role provides variety and job satisfaction.
This role will be responsible for:
• Planning tutoring sessions and lesson plans
• Developing teaching materials to support learning
• Safe and timely planning and supervision of noho and field trips
• Maintaining records of attendance and assessments
• Facilitating lessons at certificate-bachelor level
To be considered for the role you will have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Work
• Master’s degree (ideally in a related field)
• Registration with S.W.R.B; Assessment standards 4098/11281/11551/11552/18203
• Certificate in Adult and Tertiary teaching or equivalent
• Proven experience in related role
• Ability to demonstrate knowledge and appreciation of Te Reo and Tikanga Maori
• Participated in professional and self-development to be up to date with current and future procedures and policies relating to Social Work
Does this sound like the role for you? If so, please apply!