As Logistics Coordinator you’ll be managing customer orders, building fuel delivery ‘runs’ and publishing these for drivers to follow each day. Numerous factors will have an impact on how you effectively schedule the runs including seasonal implications, weather, customer demand and supply.
Another key aspect of the role is speaking with drivers, taking on board information they provide, which will impact future runs you schedule. You’ll need to be a confident communicator, anticipate potential problems and be able to make quick decisions.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be highly organised and motivated by a busy role
- Have proven ability to think ahead, pre-empt issues and handle them before they arise
- Be tech-savvy and easily adapt to new computer systems
- Be a team player and provide help and support to your team when required
- Have logistics scheduling/coordinator experience in fuel, freight and/or dangerous goods. Experience in the Fuel Industry would be advantageous.
Southfuels is a New Zealand owned and operated bulk fuel and lubricant distributor, who is passionate about keeping the New Zealand Primary Sector moving. They pride themselves on providing safe and seamless fuel solutions tor their customers, to allow them to focus on what matters to them.
Southfuels are an innovative organisation who place importance on the development and job satisfaction of their team members.
Southfuels also have a strong community focus with their Fuel for Schools programme and are a proud sponsor of the NZ Young Farmer of the Year contest.
If this position sounds like the next step in your career, apply now using the Apply button. For a confidential conversation you can call me, India Bell, on 03 366 6226.