My clients are one of the oldest public cemeteries in the South Auckland area and are seeking a Cemetery Attendant to join the team.
This role is varied and will include general maintenance such as weed eating, leaf blowing and cleaning public bathrooms. You will also assist in the preparation of burial plots with manual and machine operated digging and be required to provide attendance at burials with duties including pall bearing.
This role would suit someone who has experience of working in an outdoors environment, has a mature attitude and is able to be sensitive to the families using this facility.
• Happy to work outdoors in all weathers
• Previous background in gardening or horticulture
• Experience weeding, mowing and general outdoor maintenance
• A willingness to learn new skills such as crematorium operation
In addition to the above:
• You will be physically fit
• Have a full driving licence and be able to drive manual
• Possess excellent communication skills and strong cultural sensitivity
• You will be able to pass a pre-employment drug test
• Have a clear criminal history
• You will have the legal right to work in New Zealand
If this is the role for you, please go ahead and apply or contact firstname.lastname@example.org