Risk & Compliance Specialist
One of my clients in Auckland Central are looking for a Risk & Compliance Specialist to join their growing team. They are a reputable household name who is proud of their reputation for having an exceptional company culture.
The Risk and Compliance Specialist is responsible for contributing to improved, customer and employee outcomes by providing high quality advice, guidance and recommendations on the management of risk matters and compliance requirements (regulatory and operational) and on the improvement of management processes and systems, as required.
The purpose of the role is to support the Risk and Compliance Manager in the day to day operations of the function. The Risk and Compliance team delivers advisory support to business groups on risk frameworks and planning, best practice quality and risk system design, and quality assurance / compliance advice (regulatory and operational) and support for business operations.
Key Responsibilities is supporting the Risk and Compliance Manager;
• Assist the Risk and Compliance Manager in the implementation of an effective and efficient ERM Framework and ongoing monitoring of the operation of the ERM framework
• Assist the business (first line of defence) in embedding risk management activities and processes ensuring an effective and efficient implementation of the ERM Framework
• Support risk and compliance and business operations in the application of risk appetite statements, risk reporting and relevant risk policies
• Support the embedding of a risk and compliance aware culture where risks and compliance obligations are appropriately managed to support the business objectives
• Support the delivery of timely risk reporting to management sub-committees and cascade as required back to business operations
• Support the businesses in responding to risk issues, compliance obligations (regulatory and operational) and challenges
• Demonstrate good conduct practices, speaking up when poor behaviours and practices are observed e.g. bullying or harassment, unrealistic demands or pressure.
• Work with and support the business to ensure a strong focus on good customer outcomes and to manage and mitigate risk and issues that impact these outcomes
• Experience in risk and compliance and /or, auditing, investigating, and reviewing risk, compliance and assurance issues in a large organisation, including corporate functions
• 2-5 years relevant experience a financial institution or consulting firm
• Degree in commerce / business / actuarial science or related
• Experience reporting regularly to management
• Experience leading a team or similar (lead on a project)
• Able to read, understand and interpret risk and operational documents, including financial, numerical and business information
• Able to communicate with a wide range of audiences on risk and compliance issues
• Knowledge of professional standards for reporting on risk and compliance matters for example, Privacy, AML/CFT
• Knowledge of risk management standards ISO 31000 and COSO ERM
This is a perfect opportunity for someone with risk and compliance experience who is keen to grow with the organization.
Candidates must hold NZ Resident visa/Citizenship to apply for this position. Please email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job reference #87052 or apply below.