Senior Procurement Lead
One of New Zealand's advisors to the education system is looking for a Senior Procurement Team Lead to join them in 2020. With a very exciting multi-million-dollar project on its way to Christchurch, it is all hands-on deck!
In the position of senior procurement team lead, you will be a key member of the team and a mentor. You will be working closely with the procurement manager, commercial procurement team, capital works delivery team, the wider EIS team, members of supplier panels and tenderers, school representatives, industry consultants and other government agencies.
The key deliverables along with your day to day procurement lead duties will be to maintain a customer focused culture, build a high performing team, create strategic alliances and be an ambitious self-starter with a can-do attitude.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Investigate the technical and commercial options for fulfilling requirements
- Engage in the EIS planning cycle to assess, determine, specify, and initiate procurement processes to meet the changing priorities
- Undertake needs analysis and procurement planning, draft procurement documentation, manage the procurement process, evaluate, complete contract negotiations and award contracts
- Maintain good knowledge of the supply markets through market research and supplier engagement
- Mentor the EIS procurement leads and procurement coordinators to develop their capability
- Maintain a good understanding of procurement regulations and current good practices
- Provide reporting as and when required
- Travel when needed
- Maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Key attributes required for this position:
- Effective organisational and time management skills
- Competent, in-depth knowledge and substantial experience with government procurement
- Experienced in construction-based procurement (works and professional services)
- Professional diploma in procurement and/or a relevant tertiary qualification in business or accounting
- Understanding of political environments
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills
- Proficient in Excel and able to pick up new systems quickly
- Self-aware, flexible, courteous, and collaborative personality
Do you meet the criteria above? Are you interested in working for a business that has a “how can we help” attitude? Excited to add a significant project to your portfolio?
Send your resume and cover letter through to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly to this advertisement.
For a confidential conversation please contact Sarah Harland on 03 366 6226.