Madison is looking for expressions of interest for permanent and fixed term immediate or upcoming opportunities as Quantity Surveyor’s in positions across the South Island.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in establishing a client’s requirements and undertake cost feasibility analysis
- Monitor tender invites received, ensuring they are scheduled early and passed on to the estimation team
- Provide a detailed “take off” from floor plans, including identifying any discrepancies between the two
- Ensure the tender is compliant and note any potential areas of risk for the customer (to be communicated)
- Check all corresponding details from floor plans, noting required specifications. Compare schedule’s and note any discrepancies
It would be an added advantage if you had experience understanding and reading hardware schedules but not essential.
Key attributes required for these positions:
- Effective organisational and time management skills
- Competent reader of plans on large scale projects (hotels, apartments, hospitals, schools)
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills when interacting with construction companies, site quantity surveyors, project managers, architects, and clients
- Proficient user of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to work as part of a team and autonomously
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Demonstrate sound work ethic and values
- Maintain confidentiality when dealing with commercially sensitive information
Do you meet the criteria above? Are you interested in a new opportunity and want to register your interest for any current or upcoming opportunities?
Send your resume and cover letter through to email@example.com or apply directly to this advertisement.
For a confidential conversation please contact Sarah Harland on 03 366 6226. We have positions dotted across the South Island so I would be interested in hearing from anyone at an intermediate to senior level.