Accordant is New Zealand’s largest recruitment company and the only staffing provider listed on the NZX. It comprises four trading entities; AWF, Madison, Absolute IT and JacksonStone & Partners; with capability spanning all aspects of executive, commercial and industrial recruitment services including permanent, temporary and contractor assignments.
Our focus is growing the strong footprint of each entity in their respective sectors, while also developing opportunities for a combined, complementary service offering to key clients and prospects with diverse recruitment requirements.
About the role: We have an immediate need for at least a three-month temporary HR Advisor to assist with a volume of work whilst and upcoming projects this financial year. For the right candidate there may be an opportunity to go permanent.
Ideally, we are looking for someone to start ASAP!
Day to day you will be:
- Providing professional, business focused HR advice to people leaders and employees across our businesses
- Ensure HR policies and procedures are fit for purpose and amended and required
- Create and amend position descriptions
- Advise people leader on issues regarding field employees working on assignments as well as internal staff
- Internal recruitment and onboarding, including writing and positing ads, proactively sourcing candidates, collaborating between businesses, conduct psychometric testing, arrange, and coordinate onboarding
- Undertake onboarding reviews for new staff, conduct exit interviews with departing staff
- Be involved in HR and training projects as required
- Involvement with H&S in a coordinator capacity, receiving notifications of H&S incidents and escalating to H&S Business Partner as necessary
- Proven HR Advisor experience in a generalist capacity
- Previous ER experience is advantageous
- Knowledge of NZ employment legislation is highly advantageous
- Empathetic with the ability to remain objective when facing difficult situations
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal – are essential
- The ability to quickly prioritise and adapt to an ever-changing workload
- Resilient with the ability to learn from difficult situations
- Personable with a good sense of humour – you will be working in a high-pressure environment with strong personalities
- Positive – see things as ‘glass half full’
- A tertiary qualification and agency experience is advantageous
- Flexible working arrangements
- Develop HR skills in a complex and interesting employment environment
- Health insurance, dental & optometrist benefits’
- Work for NZ’s largest recruitment and employment company – various career progression opportunities
To discuss this role further contact Mallory Mason on 093034455 or email@example.com. We are interviewing now – click APPLY today! Reference number 126081