We are currently supporting one of our Freight and Supply Chain clients in seeking an experienced Optimisation Analyst, based in the Auckland CBD.
About the Company: Our client has been moving New Zealand’s most loved products around the world since 2011. When founded it was recognised that New Zealand needed to create a sustainable, secure export supply chain to become a more competitive export nation and they delivered this consistently for the past decade.
About the Role: This full time, permanent role will be responsible for Managing three Booking Specialists and taking the lead in the Optimisation team.
- Drive cost optimisation of the orderbook through sensitivity analysis and the configuration of optimisation parameters.
- Financially model against forecast & operational data, and key strategic commitments to determine cost-optimal system logic and parameters.
- Analyse root causes of optimisation outcomes and reconcile performance against benchmarks.
- Generate targeted communications, commercial insights, and impact analysis suitable for consumption by internal audiences at senior levels of the business.
- Proactively engage internal teams to drive positive change in service of the optimised freight plan and customer satisfaction.
- Assign orders within customer SLAs and at the lowest cost to the orderbook, accounting for strategic commitments and supply chain realities.
- Oversee the individual performance and wellbeing of three direct reports, providing coaching and mentoring as appropriate.
Reporting to the Optimisation Manager, this role will be key in the Optimisation team’s delivery as part of the broader Supply Chain & Optimisation division.
As one of New Zealand’s largest global logistics providers this will be a highly sought after role, don’t delay in expressing your interest.
Essential Background, Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 4-5 years’ experience working in an Analyst type role.
- Degree in Finance/Commerce/Statistics
- Excellent numeracy skills and advanced knowledge of Excel
- Demonstrated people leadership/coaching experience.
- Demonstrated ability working in high volume data driven environment
- Experience in supply chain, shipping or logistics is preferred but not essential.
This role is starting immediately – To express your interest click Apply and send in your resume.
For further information you can contact Mark McCulloch on 09 303 4455, quoting reference #128826