This is an opportunity to help shape the future of Aotearoa’s largest city. Sitting within a well-respected department this team works on key strategies to advance Auckland’s transport priorities, you’ll contribute to the team through your excellent experience in a strategic or policy role.
Your work could include:
- Advising senior management and officials
- Leading submissions to external agencies
- Maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Presentations to relevant groups
- Contributing to ongoing work and long term planning
- Business case preparation
With the office based in Auckland’s CBD there is flexible working available, and an onsite café for those days that you are in the office. This is a values-driven organisation with a strategic outlook, and community at the heart of all policies.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret modelling data
- Proven experience in managing projects
- Experience in coaching and mentoring other staff
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a willingness and ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, the public, and elected officials
- Comfortable facilitating and presenting in front of various groups, including formal and informal
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills adapting language and style to engage diverse stakeholders
- Contextual understanding of transport planning in Auckland
Click “apply now” or give Kate a call to discuss on 0273765919.